Even though setting up applications like Adobe Acrobat, Java and ITunes on Home windows seven, you could acquire the above error. In this kind of situation, the installation method routinely pauses and shows the above error.
The error persists because any or both equally the subsequent registry sub keys are broken:
i. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
ii. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
1. Resolve the Registry using a Registry Fixing Software
two. Manually Maintenance the Broken Sub Keys from the Registry
3. Obtain Patch
four. Improve Microsoft Office environment Set up Root Listing while in the Registry
5. Backup and Delete Microsoft Business Registry Entries Temporarily
Fix the Registry employing a Registry Repairing Software
Not just the above mentioned sub keys but will also more such varieties of broken sub keys might be set employing a fantastic registry repairing system. A registry cleanup tool will Firstly scan the whole or some portion of the registry for hidden Windows difficulties. Then, it'll proper the Windows 7 Error 1606. To often sustain your registry in excellent health and fitness, you should operate a registry scan at the least the moment per week.
Manually Repair the Broken Sub Keys during the Registry
one. Click Commence | Operate.
two. Variety RegEdit, and push ENTER.
3. Navigate right here: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
4. Proper click on The crucial element The latest, and select Delete selection. [What you need to do is delete The crucial element made up of The trail exhibited from the error information.]
five. If your error nonetheless persists, then do exactly the same Methods 1 to 4 beneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
6. Close Registry Editor, and restart the pc.
Down load Patch
Microsoft has introduced a resolve-it for Home windows 7 Error 1606 that quickly resolves the issue for you. You can find it here. After the obtain completes, operate it and Keep to the Guidelines in your display.
Alter Microsoft Workplace Set up Root Listing inside the Registry
1. Click on Start off | Operate.
two. Type RegEdit, and press ENTER.
3. Navigate listed here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice[Model Amount]CommonInstallRoot
four. Double click on the string named Path. [If there is not any this sort of string named Route, then develop a new one.]
five. Enter the foundation set up directory of Microsoft Office environment. Subsequent are definitely the illustrations:
a. Office environment 2000 - C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice
b. Office XP (2002) - C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10
c. Business 2003 - C:Plan FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice11
d. Office 2007 - C:System FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12
6. Push ENTER or click OK.
7. For each and every Variation range present in the registry, do Actions 4 and 5.
Backup and Delete Microsoft Office Registry Entries Briefly
Before managing the installation method with the application which is displaying the mistake 1606, backup and delete the registry entries for Microsoft Business office program.
1. Click on Start | Run.
2. Variety RegEdit, and push ENTER.
3. Navigate in this article: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice
4. Ideal click the sub essential Business, and choose Export possibility.
five. You may be requested a location to save lots of the registry entries in a very.reg file.
6. Type C:Backup_MSOffice_Registry.reg and press ENTER.
seven. Wait till the backing-up treatment is concluded.
8. Suitable click on the sub important Business, and click Delete solution.
9. Confirm the motion when prompted.
ten. Near Registry Editor.
11. Run the installation plan with the program you were being obtaining the Error 1606. It shall not Display screen the error any longer.
12. Restore Registry Editor.
thirteen. Click My Laptop or computer.
fourteen. Double simply click the push C.
15. Double simply http://ptufans.com click the file named Backup_MSOffice_Registry.reg, and ensure the action of merging the information with the file towards the system registry.